03 February 2009

Introductions

In the unlikely event that anyone will actually read this blog, I'm going to take this opportunity to introduce myself.

Hi, I'm Sarah. Born May 26, 1986 as Sarah Kristine Bradner. Grew up in Fostoria, OH. In January 2007, became the blushing bride Sarah Huska. Moved to St. Charles, IL in 2008 where I currently sit as I type this seriously under-detailed (but for your own benefit) bio.

#1 I'm a runner. While I wish that the previous statement was sufficiently self-explanatory, for those of you who need it, I will elaborate.


First, a history lesson: I began running in February 2008. I was taking Samson for a walk (Samson is my dog, his picture is to the left, I'll probably talk about him a lot, so study his name, learn it, remember it...there will be a quiz) during a slight drizzle of rain. Toward the end of our walk, the drizzle morphed into a flood descending upon us from a vertical direction. Not particularly enjoying ourselves, I told Samson we needed to pick up the pace because I had already been soaked thoroughly down through my underwears. We ran. It didn't hurt and it was much easier than I had thought it would be. We made it home in half the time; lucky for me, because the moment I stepped in the door, my water-logged pants fell right off.

So, now a year later, I am training for a half-marathon that I will run on May 23rd (3 days before my 23rd birthday, coincidence? Me thinks not.).

(Allow me to preface #2 wi
th this: I am not technically what I am about to call myself, but what I am about to call myself is not technically a title that is only given to those who have technically earned the title I am about to call myself.)

#2 I am a chef.

Currently, I'm strictly a home chef. I began culinary school in January 2009 and will hopefully complete my schooling in 2-3 years with an Associates in Culinary Arts as well as Pastry Arts.

Pastry is my first love. It's all about precision, and being a perfectionist, it lights my fire (pardon the clever play on words). Culinary is wonderful as well, it's like starting with a blank canvas and ending with a masterpiece in just a few minutes.

In keeping with my love of segways, I will now tell you that I also make homemade dog treats and food. Samson is
very approving and has awarded me with a Michelin rating of "Dog-Gone Good". (If you were forced to race to the bathroom to expel the vomit that this horrible joke stirred up inside you, I recommend not reading any more posts. It will get worse before it gets better. Sincerest apologies.)

#3 I am an animal lover.

I own a small pet sitting and dog exercise business that has been pretty pathetic lately, given the "economic crisis." So, I guess it's a good thing I don't do it for the cash. Honestly, it's a selfish business--I work when I want and for whom I want, only to add pleasure to my own life via canine and feline affection. I love every minute of my operating-at-a-loss-in-2008 business.

I'm an avid follower of Cesar Millan. If there were a cult called Cesar's Way out in the middle of the desert, I would probably sell all of my worldly possessions, move there with Samson and do nothing but baske in the glory that is Dog Psychology.

On a serious note, the
re is much we (as a human race) can learn from dogs. If humans managed their lives like dogs do, the world would be a better place. Plus, how awesome would it be to walk around naked all day?


Note: I
also own a cat named Weizen (pronounced Vite-Zen, it's a German word for wheat)...so again: study, learn, remember--quiz to follow.



I'll end this post with the promise that future posts will most definitely be more exciting, have more sustenance and actually be interesting enough for you to read all the way to the end. Congrats to those of you not snoring and drooling on your keyboards.

Run long and eat well,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment